Simple Politics and Computing

Monday, November 14, 2005

Welcome to Simple PC!

Hello and welcome to Simple PC!

Simple PC came about following a long political and technological discussion with my friends about politics in Washington and the Sony XCP issue.

My goal here is to simplify tech-related issues and political issues and bring some of the more obscure issues to the public's attention. I consider this to be my top goal, considering how little attention was put on the Sony XCP issues by the American media.

Before I begin my regular postings on Simple PC, I feel I should tell a little about myself. My internet alias is Trip Ericson, a name you may be familiar with if you visit such sites as AVSForum or Radio-Info. I am an active member at both sites, and am behind my short-lived political comedy site Quelorant.Com and my non-political comedy series, The Adventures of Normal Guy. I am also the creator of RabbitEars, a site dedicated to listing all the television stations in the United States, as an effort to replace now subscription-only 100000watts.com.

At the time of this posting I am 17 and live in South-Central Virginia. I was on the principal's list (all A's) every year until this year. I began to take much harder college-level courses for half of the day and am now on the Honor Roll rather than the Principal's List.

I enjoy History class a lot and am captain of the History ACE Team. I am also obsessed with politics and will admit up front that I tend to be quite liberal on many issues; however, when discussing technical non-political issues, I will attempt to remain as unbiased as possible.

I do not believe that Fox News is conservative-biased, just that they will take whatever bias is necessary to draw ratings. I am not religious but I am not an atheist, I simply do not know nor care to know whether or not a God or Gods exist. I am extremely anti-war, simply because I view war as pointless and wasteful. I also have a hard time with blood and am unable to watch most graphic war movies.

I own a Toshiba A15-S157 laptop, running Fedora Core 4 Linux with a little-used dual-boot to Windows XP. In addition, I also own a custom-built (by the high school computer shop) PII 266MHz desktop computer that I use for testing and running Windows 2000. I own a Nintendo GBA-SP and it is my only gaming device. I have a US Cellular cell phone not because I necessarily like the service, but because it is the only company that provides service to my area. I own three digital television receivers, two are computer cards, and use them all the time. I also own many different radios and TVs, including a shortwave radio, an MP3/CD/ATRAC-3/AM/FM/TV/WeatherBand device, several AM/FM radios, and a 2.3" TV.

If anyone would like to know any more about me, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home